Every once in awhile I come across talent that doesn’t just catch my attention with their voice, dance and presentation but their character, very humble nature and this is IDANIA. Idania Hernandez Becerra arrived to the USA, migrating from Cienfuegos, Cuba at beginning of 2016 with only one dream and that is to perform.
I would have said she arrived to sing but singing is but only one of her many talents! From singing the likes of her favorite Barbra Streisand, Nina Simone, Celine Dion to Celia Cruz, composing music, jumping on the drums, timbales, congas, I am left to wonder what else is Idania Live set out to conquer. In 99% of most cases I would have to travel the planet to discover such a multifaceted talented person but it all happened here in Dallas, Texas. From performing solo on piano with her beautiful voice, or duo to trio she is ready. Son, Bolero, Trova, Cha Cha Cha, Cumbia and more Idania Live!
Growing up in Cienfuegos, Cuba, Idania studied at the Universidad de Cienfuegos class of 2011 with her degree and specialization in piano, singing, flute and percussion. Idania has many honors and awards for her talent including the following:
• Winner of the Gran Prix Voice at the Institute of Music in 2008.
“Ganadora del Gran Prix Absoluto de canto en el 2008 Instituto de la Música”
• Best interpretation of Cuban Bolero from the authorities of popular Cuban music in Havana, Cuba …..“Mejor intérprete de Bolero Cubano. Autoridades de la música popular en La Habana “
• In 2008 Idania won her second national competition of her intepretation of “Elena Burke” Cafe Concert “El Gato Tuerto” in Havana Cuba..
“Segundo premio nacional de interpretación “Elena Burque”. Café Concert “El Gato Tuerto” en la Habana-Cuba.”
• In 2005 Idiania won the BEST Female Award from the music of Cubadisco Recording label in Cienfuegos, Cuba. 2005 Ganadora del Concurso La mujer en la música en el Cubadisco.
Empresa de la música de la ciudad de Cienfuegos-Cuba
• In 2015 Idania won a national award for a percussion competition “Guillermo Barreto in Memoriam” in Havana, Cuba. Centro Nacional de Música Popular en La Habana Cuba.
“2015. Premio Nacional en el concurso de percusión “Guillermo Barreto in Memoriam” en La Habana-Cuba. Centro Nacional de Música Popular en La Habana Cuba.”.
Management ∙ Digital ∙Media Works